Why Social Media Influencer Marketing matters in 2019
Brands that use social media influencers in their marketing mix can reach consumers via the social media platforms of the influencer, which otherwise remain largely untapped. Social media influencer marketing is the practice of building relationships with the people who can build relationships for the brand.Important update is that companies & brands are turning to Micro who have smaller yet more responsive followers rather than Macro influencers. New studies have found that Micro influencers are 4X more likely to get a comment on a post than macro-influencers.
Here is a list of things to keep in mind to develop an influencer marketing strategy
- Ascertain the topics of influence that speak to your brand’s target buyers.
- Evaluate the influencers who are a good contextual fit with your brand. Look for content quality, reach, engagement and an alignment of values with your brand.
- Communicate and engage with your target influencers via email and other social channels. Ask them to partner with your brand and offer them reward to create mutually beneficial relationships.
- Track all earned media and identify which influencers and which topics lift your brand the most.
- Once you’ve identified who and what works best for your brand you can build a stronger influencer marketing strategy each time around.
Now let’s look at what is the big deal with Social Media Influencers?
You might be thinking what is the big deal with social media influencers and why it matters read on to know more
Call to action and social media mentions are driven more effectively by “power mid.” Mid-level influencers. Like popular bloggers have a smaller but more loyal audience who like to read whatever the blogger comes up with next. This can drive 16 times more engagement than paid media and “mega influencers Kylie Jenner.”
- Ensuring that social influencers discuss their brand experience / preference is crucial. More than 88% of buyers consider online reviews “very important” when making a purchase decision.
- Millennials represent a huge segment of the purchasing population. And yet are radically different from other verticals when it comes to how to market to them. They evaluate purchases and a brand’s message more than other buyers.
- In the current market situation, 90% of consumers trust peer recommendations. Only 33% trust ads
- Thinking a step beyond buyer personalities and developing influencer characters is a valuable way for marketers to be sure they are reaching the right influencers.
- The most effective influencer marketing strategies are built to foster strong relationships with current network, happy consumers and new influencers who are active in relevant verticals.
- Since influencer marketing is about building strong relationships, a strategy that values a mutually beneficial relationship is key.
- Consumers want legitimacy from the brands they interact with. When marketers equip influencers with an entire experience to share about a brand or product the posts are more engaging.
- Cultivate relationships with influencers before you need them. Relationship building takes time and once the connection is there, activating influencers becomes a lot more seamless and effective.
Now let’s look at ways on how to build a Strategy around Social Media Influencers
- As a first step identify your goals before reaching out. Discerning a campaign through from the types of influencers who your buyers want to hear from to the resources you’re going to equip them with for splendid mentions is central to your pitch message you send influencers you want to work with.
- Like every good journalist says- make a creative pitch to break through the confusion. Most popular social media influencers are always in huge demand and often get a train load of offers from for advertising and brand associations. So ensure that you have a creative story to tell or hire an agency who will do the creative work.
- Rather than just a product or restaurant review focus on an experience. Instead of a simple product review, create an experience for your influencers to share on their social media platforms and blogs. This allows them to create more interesting content which leads to more engagement for your brand.
- A picture is worth a thousand words – So always think visually driven content. Equip your influencers with high-resolution images and plenty of photo opportunities for their content.
- Always think outside the box and experiment with different influencer topics. Measure and check the engagement so you can scale the things that work best.
- Always consider quality over quantity as a priority. Statistical qualifiers like traffic and social data should only be considered once an influencer is evaluated for a comfy fit.
- Create a message that people actually want to hear and share. Whether it’s in the form of research, infographics, surveys, fun facts, etc. make sure your message is something unique and interesting. From there you will be able to steer your strategy ship in the direction of the awesome treasure.
- Approach influencer marketing in a network building approach. Create a strategy that identifies the bloggers that lift your brand the most and segment them into an advocate group that you nurture and work with ongoing.
#socialmediainfluencer #influenceragency #influencermarketing #socialmediainfluencermanagement #celebritymanagement #socialmediainfluenceraggency #microinfluencer #macroinfluencer
At Image 360 Marketing we represent as well nurture social influencer networks to address and help any brands.